The HardCore Hunter™ was designed with, you guessed it, the hardcore hunter in mind. It packs core components of the most common hunting calibers and gauges in a convenient little round soft pack. You can take your pick between RealTree® Xtra or Mossy Oak® Break Up Infinity, depending on your preference.
What’s inside? The short answer? A lot.
Here’s a breakdown of everything the Hardcore Hunter™ has to offer:
- 100% cotton 2" & 3" patches
- 3 slotted tips- small, large and shotgun sizes
- 2 patch savers®- small and large
- Seven firearm specific bronze bore brushes with the size marked on brush stem (.22/.223, .270, .30/.308/30-06/30-30, .38/9mm, .45 cal, 20 ga, 12 ga)
- 8" and 30" aircraft grade Memory-Flex® cables and thread connector for proper Breech-to-Muzzle® cleaning
- 34"aircraft grade Memory-Flex® cable (5-40 thread) with a slotted tip small enough to clean .17 caliber firearms
- Small & large obstruction removers knock out mud, snow, stuck casings and double as a t-handle base for included t-handle
- Chamber flag
- 0.5 fl.oz. Bio-CLP
- Lens cloth
- Instruction manual
So how do you put this kit to good use?
These three easy steps break the process down and show you how quickly and easily you can clean and maintain your firearms:
- Wet Patch
- Dry Patch
If you’re out in the field you might not be looking to do a full breakdown every night when you get back to camp, but if you hit rough weather, take a tumble or get a casing or other foreign object stuck- here is a little more detail to get you through
Step 1: Run a wet patch through the barrel.
Attach a slotted tip to one end of your memory flex cable and an obstruction remover to the other. For calibers .22-.270 use the small slotted tip. For calibers .30-.50 use the large slotted tip. For shotguns use the shotgun slotted tip and a patch saver.
Tie your patch and apply a few drops of solvent to the base of the patch. For more info on how to tie an Otis patch click here. If you're looking for more detail on how to clean your shotgun, we've got you covered here.
Insert the memory flex cable obstruction remover end first into the chamber and feed out the muzzle and insert the t-handle into the obstruction remover.
Pull through from Breech-to-Muzzle®.
Step 2: Run a brush through the barrel.
Remove the patch and slotted tip and replace it with the appropriate bore brush. Run the bore brush down the barrel from Breech-to-Muzzle®.
We offer a wide selection of bronze and nylon bore brushes to help you get the job done.
Step 3: Run a dry patch through the barrel.
Remove the bore brush and replace with a slotted tip. Tie a clean, dry patch and pull through from breech to muzzle.
Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary until your firearm is clean.
Pro tip: You can get multiple uses out of your patches! Just rotate which slot you use and flip the patch to get a clean swab.